Building your personal brand
Becoming an influencer
How to build your own brand
1. Your personal brand is one of your biggest assets.
2. Your personal brand can take your business to places you never thought possible.
3. What Is a Personal Brand?
4. A personal brand is all- encompassing. It's about who you are and what you do.
5. Your personal brand is how you present yourself to your ideal audience.
6. Your personal brand includes your:
7. Thanks to the internet and the power of social media, every person can be their own brand.
8. We all have the tools to build powerful personal brands.
9. The crucial question is whether you are actively taking control of your brand.
10. It’s always better when you’re in control of the process.
11. So, how do you actively build an effective personal brand?
12. Why Do You Need to Build a Personal Brand?
13. Every entrepreneur, coach, consultant, or freelancer should be building their own brand.
14. Personal Branding Allows You to Stand Out from the Competition
15. Your competitors can’t bring what you bring to the table.
16. You have unique:
17. ...that set you apart from everyone else.
18. Building your personal brand allows you to highlight your uniqueness.
19. Think about Rolex and how they’ve set themselves apart from the competition.
20. The more you work to build your personal brand, the greater the edge you’ll have over your competition.
21. Personal Branding Allows You to Charge a Premium Price
22. The stronger your brand, the more people want your services, and the higher price you can charge.
23. This is exactly why Nike is able to charge so much for their shoes.
24. By working hard to build your personal brand, you too can charge a premium price.
25. Personal Branding Highlights Your Expertise
26. With every piece of content that you share...
27. ...you establish yourself as an expert in your field.
28. The more you demonstrate your expertise, the more your audience will trust you and come to you to solve their problems.
29. Personal Branding Allows You to Attract Your Ideal Audience
30. When you’re known as the expert in your industry:
31. Tony Robbins is a prime example of this.
32. He attracts huge audiences of people who want to fulfill their potential.
33. Do you want to experience the Tony Robbins effect?
34. Personal Branding Puts You in Charge of the Narrative
35. Your personal brand will evolve, whether you want it to or not. If you:
36. ...then you’re already building your personal brand.
37. The question is whether you’re intentionally shaping the narrative of your brand.
38. The beauty of intentional personal branding is that it ensures that you’re actively shaping your own narrative.
39. Personal Branding Increases Your Visibility
40. The more you build your personal brand, the more visible you’ll become.
41. As your fan base grows, you can expect to be featured in the media.
42. The more you’re featured in media outlets, the more opportunities you’ll have to speak in front of crowds.
43. Building your personal brand and building your platform go hand-in- hand.
44. Personal Branding Shapes What Content You Share
45. Only share content that aligns with and promotes the values of your personal brand.
46. Personal Branding Connects You More with Individuals
47. The more you work to build your personal brand, the more individuals will want to connect with you.
48. Personal Branding Allows You to Become an Influencer
49. There are some significant benefits to being an influencer...
50. Big brands want to work with influencers that have a large audience, which can result in more revenue for you.
51. You often receive free things from companies who are interested in partnering with you.
52. You receive media requests to speak at, or even just attend, events.
53. Are you starting to see the power of your personal brand?
54. There are few things more powerful than your personal brand.
55. Are you ready to start building your personal brand?
56. How to Build a Personal Brand
57. Step #1
Determine Who You Really Are
58. Ask yourself:
59. The answers to these questions should shape your personal brand.
60. Step #2
Determine What You Want to Accomplish
61. Answer these questions:
62. Step #3
Identify Your Target Audience
63. To identify your core audience, ask yourself these questions:
64. When determining your core audience, it can be helpful to create a persona which represents your ideal client.
65. Include the following information in the persona:
66. Step #4
Determine Your Unique Selling Proposition (USP)
67. I help (target person) to (achieve X) so that they can (outcome).
68. Your USP should portray the heart of who you are and how you help your audience.
69. It may help to give your USP a unique name that will stick in people’s minds.
70. Creating your USP gives you a high degree of clarity about what your brand is all about.
71. Step #5
Start Treating Yourself as a Brand
72. In every communication with your audience, you stay true to your brand message.
73. It also means creating a strong, compelling website.
74. It means creating a media page or media kit on your site for media inquiries.
75. It could mean having an assistant answer your emails.
76. You have to treat yourself like you truly are: a powerful brand that has a powerful message.
77. Step #6
Optimize Your Website
78. Your website is one of the primary places people get to know who you are and what you do.
79. Your website also functions as one of the primary ways you turn visitors into paying clients.
80. First impressions are really important when it comes to your website.
81. Have a professional logo designed.
82. Show off your Unique Selling Proposition.
83. Use professional photographs.
84. Use testimonials.
85. Present a clear call-to-action.
86. Create a compelling “About” page.
87. Create a Services page.
88. Give away free resources.
89. Create a Contact page.
90. Step #7
Develop Your Content Strategy
91. One effective content strategy is the “Pillar Method.” It works like this…
92. At set intervals create a longer piece of “pillar” content.
93. Publish your pillar content on your primary platform.
94. Take your pillar content and cut it up into smaller, shareable pieces of content.
95. Share the smaller pieces of content across all your channels.
96. Repeat the process again and again.
97. By using the “Pillar Method” for your content strategy, you ensure that every piece of content you post is always on brand.
98. In addition to using the “Pillar Method,” you can also simply repurpose content into different formats.
99. Step #8
Constantly Add Value to Your Audience
100. The main thing people should take away when interacting with your brand is how much value you provide.
101. Step #9
Build a Community
102. Start a private Facebook group.
103. Host live events.
104. Create a membership site.
105. Now Is the Time to Build Your Brand
106. “We all have a personal brand whether we think about it that way or not. So, let’s be intentional about it.” Kathy Klotz-Guest
107. Here’s a quick summary of how to build your brand:
108. The more you do those things, the more you’ll attract an audience of raving fans. Need help? Reach out to https://www.market-connections.net.
Mandy Fard is a Certified Professional Resume Writer (CPRW, CMRW) and Recruiter with decades of experience in assisting job seekers, working directly with employers in multiple industries, and writing proven-effective resumes.