12 highly effective ways to make money online
The internet has fundamentally changed how we make money. If you can imagine a way to make money, you can probably do it online. In this video, you'll discover 12 simple ways to make money online.
Side hustle ideas
None of these methods are get-rich- quick schemes. Don’t fall for get-rich-quick online schemes. They almost never pan out.
How to make money online for beginners
If you can imagine it, you can make money doing it. All that’s required is some hustle.
Side hustle jobs
12 ways to make money online - Side hustle ideas
12 HIGHLY EFFECTIVE WAYS TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE
Find Your Side Hustle....
But it’s not quite that simple, right? The internet has fundamentally changed how we make money. If you can imagine a way to make money, you can probably do it online. This post contains effective methods to make money online. None of these methods are get-rich- quick schemes. Don’t fall for get-rich-quick online schemes. They almost never pan out.
METHOD #1: Affiliate Marketing
Essentially, affiliate marketing works like this:
Typically, you promote the online product through a special link that is connected to you.
Amazon Affiliates is a very simple example of affiliate marketing.
There are numerous other affiliate networks, such as:
There are numerous ways to promote the products. You’re only limited by your imagination.
Affiliate marketing is a great way to make money online because you don’t have to create any products.
Affiliate marketers can make thousands of dollars every month.
METHOD #2: Sell Products Online
Before you can sell products online, you’ll need a website on which to sell them. If you don’t want to set up your own ecommerce store, you can easily sell products on:
If you want to sell products on your own website, you’ll need to create one where you can list your products and accept payments.
What sorts of products should you sell online?
First, you can sell home-made products you make yourself on sites like Etsy.
You can also sell products you’ve already purchased on sites like eBay, Amazon, and Poshmark.
You also have the option of dropshipping products.
With dropshipping, you act as a middleman, connecting the buyer and the seller and then taking a portion of the sale.
If you’re really committed to selling products online, you can have a product manufactured.
Out of all these options, selling products on sites like eBay and Etsy is probably the simplest way to get started making money online.
METHOD #3: Sell Your Services on a Freelance Basis
Are you a…
If so, then you can sell your services online. Depending on your skill set and your ability to pitch new clients, you can make a full-time living as a freelancer. To get started as a freelancer, create a portfolio that shows off your work. Set your prices. Reach out to potential clients.
Ways to reach out to potential clients
Getting a freelance career started isn’t necessarily the easiest way to make money, but it can be lucrative.
The key to succeeding in the freelance world is persistence.
METHOD #4: Become an Online Coach
What sort of coach could you become?
You could be a…
In order to be a coach, you simply need to be able to add a high amount of value to your clients.
There are also many ways to package coaching services:
You might be thinking, "But I’m not an expert in anything. How could I be a coach?"
You simply have to be able to add significant value to your clients.
You’ve still acquired expertise through your experience.
These platforms that make it easy to do coaching:
METHOD #5: Create Online Courses
You can create a course around almost any subject and find people to purchase it.
In order to create a course, you need a platform to distribute it.
Course Building Platforms
One way to get a great feel for what a course should look like is to take a few courses yourself.
METHOD #6: Create YouTube Videos
How do you make money through YouTube videos? YouTube is a numbers game. When creating YouTube videos, your content will probably fall into one of two categories.
Educational: These videos educate viewers in some way.
Entertainment: These videos are intended to bring a smile to the face of your viewers.
Once you start producing YouTube videos, you'll also want to consistently grow your channel.
Effective ways to grow your channel
Growing a YouTube channel takes time and consistency.
METHOD #7: Write and Sell a Book
Benefits of writing a book
If the thought of writing an entire book intimidates you, there are numerous ways to still get a book written.Get a cover design and have the book printed.
Promote Your Book...
Can you make good money selling books you wrote? Sure you can!
METHOD #8: Start a Blog
How can you make money with a blog? Here are some of the most effective ways...
Monetizing a blog requires an audience. Consistency is the key.
METHOD #9: Become a Virtual Assistant
The virtual assistant market is heating up.
What sorts of tasks might you perform as an assistant?
Virtual assistant tasks
Where should you look for virtual assistant gigs?
Being a virtual assistant isn’t for everyone.
METHOD #10: Tutor People in English
There are numerous countries in which people are willing to pay for an English tutor, sometimes as much as $25/hour.
How can you know if teaching English would be a good fit for you?
Qualifications for tutoring
Places to find online English tutoring jobs:
Tutoring people in English exposes you to a variety of cultures and places you would never experience otherwise.
METHOD #11: Sell Stock Photos
Stock photo sites, such as iStock and Shutterstock, allow you to submit your photos to their site. Making money on stock photo sites is a numbers game. Your photos need to be compelling, interesting, outstanding, and high quality.
METHOD #12: Do Odd Jobs on TaskRabbit
The beauty of TaskRabbit is the sheer number of jobs available through the site. Some people earn $2,000 per week through TaskRabbit. TaskRabbit is a particularly good option if you are skilled in a variety of things and want to put all those skills to work. If you want flexibility plus the ability to make good money, you might want to look at TaskRabbit.
The money is out there. If you want freedom and flexibility, you can have it. Want to travel the world while still making money? You can do that. Want to make a little income on the side while you stay at home with your children? You can do that too. Want to build a full-time career as a freelance writer or blogger? That’s also an option. The ways you can make money online are almost endless.
In this post we covered:
We also talked about:
If you can imagine it, you can make money doing it. All that’s required is some hustle.
Effective strategies to change your life quickly
How to change your life in under six months
It takes time to undo a lifetime of bad choices, but you’d be surprised how much you can accomplish in six months if you’re committed and take consistent action.
You can make a huge change in your life in just half a year. This is enough time to make good progress without being overwhelmed by some huge goal like, “I want to be worth $50 million in five years.” Six months is manageable.
Use these strategies to change your life in just six months:
SET FOUR (4) GOALS. Set a goal in each of the following areas: Financial, Health, Career, and Other. Most of us could use a money, health, and career boost. That leaves one miscellaneous goal.
A good goal is something that you believe is possible but would be challenging. It should also be something that makes you excited when you think about achieving it.
MEASURE YOUR CURRENT SITUATION. Understand where you’re starting. If you want to increase your savings account by $10,000, you’d best know your current balance. The same goes for your weight if you’re trying to lose weight. If you want to run a 5-minute mile, how fast can you run a mile right now?
CREATE A PLAN. Based on where you are, and where you want to go, what is a logical plan to get there? Remember that you have six months and plan accordingly.
DETERMINE THE HABITS YOUR NEED TO ENSURE SUCCESS. If you want to lose weight, your exercise and diet habits are important. Savings and spending habits are often important for financial goals. Sending a certain number of resumes might be important for certain career goals.
KEEP A JOURNAL. Record your feelings, plans, ideas, results, and observations. You’ll get a kick out of looking back on your journal someday.
MEASURE YOUR PROGRESS. Regularly measure your progress. It’s important to know how you’re doing, so you can make any adjustments. How will you know if your diet and exercise plans are working if you never get on the scale?
BE FLEXIBLE IN YOUR APPROACH. You’re probably not going to create the perfect plan right out of the gate. There will be a lot of fine tuning along the way. Stick to your goals but be willing to change how you accomplish them.
CROSS THE FINISH LINE. Giving up is the only way to fail. Keep going, even when you feel like quitting.
What can you accomplish in six months? Take a guess and see if you’re right! You can do a lot in six months. In fact, you can probably accomplish more in the next six months than you have in the last five years.
It’s easy to fall into a routine that does little more than maintain your life. You can do much better! Set a few goals and work hard for just six months. You’ll be pleased with the results.
Free Career Coaching Advice:
How to find the ideal job
Work is called work for a reason. But, the right career can help make your life more fulfilling. Making a wise choice can enable you to avoid a lot of misery and fund a lifestyle that you enjoy.
The wrong choice can lead to financial challenges and it’s not fun to go to a job you don’t like day after day.
Use these ideas to choose a career that’s right for you:
What do you like to do? Unless you’re fortunate, you’ll be working for quite a while. It would be smart to find a career that centers around something that you enjoy. Imagine spending 40+ years doing something that you don’t enjoy.
What are your strengths? The best careers are enjoyable and take advantage of your strengths. What are you naturally good at? What have you become good at because you’ve spent so much time learning or practicing?
What are the long-term options? Some careers have better long-term prospects than others. Think about what you could do 20 years down a particular career path. Is there the possibility to advance? Could you use the skills you build in that job and transfer them to another?
What type of work environment do you prefer? Do you like the community feel of an endless series of cubicles? Your own office? Do you want to work outdoors? In a manufacturing setting? A laboratory? Suit and tie? Jeans and a t-shirt? What environment appeals to you?
What careers fit your answers? Taking all of the above into account, what careers seem like a good fit to you?
If none of your options are appealing to you, you might want to consider going back to school for additional education. Another few years of schooling might sound dreadful, but a few years is a drop in the bucket compared to the rest of your life.
A poor career choice can be costly down the road. Take the time to make a wise decision. It will be time well-spent.
How to list volunteer work experience on your resume
Your unpaid work experience is important
Are you looking for a job? Thinking about a career change? Want to just earn a little extra money? Reach deep to discover and articulate more of your skills and you can land the position of your dreams.
Whatever your situation, you may find yourself wanting to showcase some of your non-paid work experiences. What constitutes non-paid work experience? Here are some examples:
Exploring Skills and Experiences
Determining the skills used and the tasks completed for each non-paid work experience takes a little time. Let's consider the above-listed examples and review sample skills and duties for each.
For Scout Leader or similar "leader" positions of organized children's groups, what duties did you perform? How could you phrase them so that they're relevant to a work environment?
When you volunteer, skills and experiences will vary depending on the type of volunteer work performed. For the sake of illustration, let's assume you did volunteer work for a local social service organization.
As a member of a PTO, you might have performed a variety of duties that can be showcased on your resume as non-paid work experience.
For this example, you served as a volunteer in the fictitious Welcome to Our Town group. The following duties could be noted on your resume as non-paid work experience:
Being a babysitter involves several skills and duties and a lot of responsibility.
Begin a list now of your unpaid work experience, compiling the position and approximate month and year you started and ended each "job." Use the above examples to get ideas for the list of skills necessary for each experience and the duties you performed. Now you can showcase your non-paid work experiences on your resume to help you attain your career goals.
How to quit your job
How to quit a job you hate
It’s time to move on to greener pastures! It can be exciting to leave one job for another.
However, you can’t just turn out the lights and wave goodbye on your way out to the parking lot. There are several actions that need to be taken to ensure a smooth transition for you and your replacement. It’s professional and intelligent to leave your company in a positive way.
Take these necessary steps to leave your company properly:
Enjoy the last few weeks of your current employment. Take the time to exit your company wisely. You’ll be glad you did.
Building your personal brand
Becoming an influencer
How to build your own brand
1. Your personal brand is one of your biggest assets.
2. Your personal brand can take your business to places you never thought possible.
3. What Is a Personal Brand?
4. A personal brand is all- encompassing. It's about who you are and what you do.
5. Your personal brand is how you present yourself to your ideal audience.
6. Your personal brand includes your:
7. Thanks to the internet and the power of social media, every person can be their own brand.
8. We all have the tools to build powerful personal brands.
9. The crucial question is whether you are actively taking control of your brand.
10. It’s always better when you’re in control of the process.
11. So, how do you actively build an effective personal brand?
12. Why Do You Need to Build a Personal Brand?
13. Every entrepreneur, coach, consultant, or freelancer should be building their own brand.
14. Personal Branding Allows You to Stand Out from the Competition
15. Your competitors can’t bring what you bring to the table.
16. You have unique:
17. ...that set you apart from everyone else.
18. Building your personal brand allows you to highlight your uniqueness.
19. Think about Rolex and how they’ve set themselves apart from the competition.
20. The more you work to build your personal brand, the greater the edge you’ll have over your competition.
21. Personal Branding Allows You to Charge a Premium Price
22. The stronger your brand, the more people want your services, and the higher price you can charge.
23. This is exactly why Nike is able to charge so much for their shoes.
24. By working hard to build your personal brand, you too can charge a premium price.
25. Personal Branding Highlights Your Expertise
26. With every piece of content that you share...
27. ...you establish yourself as an expert in your field.
28. The more you demonstrate your expertise, the more your audience will trust you and come to you to solve their problems.
29. Personal Branding Allows You to Attract Your Ideal Audience
30. When you’re known as the expert in your industry:
31. Tony Robbins is a prime example of this.
32. He attracts huge audiences of people who want to fulfill their potential.
33. Do you want to experience the Tony Robbins effect?
34. Personal Branding Puts You in Charge of the Narrative
35. Your personal brand will evolve, whether you want it to or not. If you:
36. ...then you’re already building your personal brand.
37. The question is whether you’re intentionally shaping the narrative of your brand.
38. The beauty of intentional personal branding is that it ensures that you’re actively shaping your own narrative.
39. Personal Branding Increases Your Visibility
40. The more you build your personal brand, the more visible you’ll become.
41. As your fan base grows, you can expect to be featured in the media.
42. The more you’re featured in media outlets, the more opportunities you’ll have to speak in front of crowds.
43. Building your personal brand and building your platform go hand-in- hand.
44. Personal Branding Shapes What Content You Share
45. Only share content that aligns with and promotes the values of your personal brand.
46. Personal Branding Connects You More with Individuals
47. The more you work to build your personal brand, the more individuals will want to connect with you.
48. Personal Branding Allows You to Become an Influencer
49. There are some significant benefits to being an influencer...
50. Big brands want to work with influencers that have a large audience, which can result in more revenue for you.
51. You often receive free things from companies who are interested in partnering with you.
52. You receive media requests to speak at, or even just attend, events.
53. Are you starting to see the power of your personal brand?
54. There are few things more powerful than your personal brand.
55. Are you ready to start building your personal brand?
56. How to Build a Personal Brand
57. Step #1
Determine Who You Really Are
58. Ask yourself:
59. The answers to these questions should shape your personal brand.
60. Step #2
Determine What You Want to Accomplish
61. Answer these questions:
62. Step #3
Identify Your Target Audience
63. To identify your core audience, ask yourself these questions:
64. When determining your core audience, it can be helpful to create a persona which represents your ideal client.
65. Include the following information in the persona:
66. Step #4
Determine Your Unique Selling Proposition (USP)
67. I help (target person) to (achieve X) so that they can (outcome).
68. Your USP should portray the heart of who you are and how you help your audience.
69. It may help to give your USP a unique name that will stick in people’s minds.
70. Creating your USP gives you a high degree of clarity about what your brand is all about.
71. Step #5
Start Treating Yourself as a Brand
72. In every communication with your audience, you stay true to your brand message.
73. It also means creating a strong, compelling website.
74. It means creating a media page or media kit on your site for media inquiries.
75. It could mean having an assistant answer your emails.
76. You have to treat yourself like you truly are: a powerful brand that has a powerful message.
77. Step #6
Optimize Your Website
78. Your website is one of the primary places people get to know who you are and what you do.
79. Your website also functions as one of the primary ways you turn visitors into paying clients.
80. First impressions are really important when it comes to your website.
81. Have a professional logo designed.
82. Show off your Unique Selling Proposition.
83. Use professional photographs.
84. Use testimonials.
85. Present a clear call-to-action.
86. Create a compelling “About” page.
87. Create a Services page.
88. Give away free resources.
89. Create a Contact page.
90. Step #7
Develop Your Content Strategy
91. One effective content strategy is the “Pillar Method.” It works like this…
92. At set intervals create a longer piece of “pillar” content.
93. Publish your pillar content on your primary platform.
94. Take your pillar content and cut it up into smaller, shareable pieces of content.
95. Share the smaller pieces of content across all your channels.
96. Repeat the process again and again.
97. By using the “Pillar Method” for your content strategy, you ensure that every piece of content you post is always on brand.
98. In addition to using the “Pillar Method,” you can also simply repurpose content into different formats.
99. Step #8
Constantly Add Value to Your Audience
100. The main thing people should take away when interacting with your brand is how much value you provide.
101. Step #9
Build a Community
102. Start a private Facebook group.
103. Host live events.
104. Create a membership site.
105. Now Is the Time to Build Your Brand
106. “We all have a personal brand whether we think about it that way or not. So, let’s be intentional about it.” Kathy Klotz-Guest
107. Here’s a quick summary of how to build your brand:
108. The more you do those things, the more you’ll attract an audience of raving fans. Need help? Reach out to https://www.market-connections.net.
How to use self branding for business
Self branding and career growth
Your personal brand is no longer something to be taken lightly, if you want to be taken seriously in business. This is to outline the value of personal branding, identifying your own brand, and promoting your brand for career growth.
The value of personal branding
What your personal brand does
How to create a personal brand
Identify your personal brand
Marketing Your Personal Brand
Use these strategies to expand your reach
Increase your visibility. Post fresh content on your website or blog regularly. Stay active in social media. Look for opportunities to teach classes, give presentations, or write articles in your field.
Branding used to be for cattle and big corporations, but now everyone is in on the act. Take charge of your personal brand to achieve more career success and guide your life in a direction that is meaningful for you.
How to transition from being self-employed to being an employee
Finding a job after entrepreneurship
As a result of the Gig Economy, the nature of work has also changed. Today, the number of freelancers or that of the self-employed is significantly higher than ever before. If this is your case, you may face obstacles if you ever try to get back into the corporate lifestyle.
As employers do recognize abilities such as decision-making, management, creativity, and more in a self-employed person, they also tend to fret and frown. They question other details such as business profitability or your coachability. In other words, will you be open to learn their ways and follow their rules? Will you be “coachable”?
As you think of updating your resume, you may want to implement these ideas throughout your job search efforts. Regardless of the length of your self-employment, the right attitude and some planning hacks will help you find the ideal job a little easier.
Preparing your resume
Tips for Networking and Interviewing
How to use LinkedIn to connect to jobs
1.- Build a profile and follow LinkedIn's tools and guidelines carefully as you go along.
2.- Optimize your LinkedIn profile for job search and to attract employers.
3.- Learn how to build a LinkedIn network that can open doors and connect to jobs.
4.- Search and apply for a job on LinkedIn.
5.- Access additional job search and career advancement resources on LinkedIn.
Mandy Fard is a Certified Professional Resume Writer (CPRW, CMRW) and Recruiter with decades of experience in assisting job seekers, working directly with employers in multiple industries, and writing proven-effective resumes.